Monday, January 11, 2010

Time's flying by

Started off the day chatting with Adrian at the LIC on the Sunshine Coast about Kindles. He has purchased two to trial and shared the pros and cons he has experienced with it so far. It seems to me that it is a bit of a one trick pony, you can download select ebooks and newspapers from overseas. It is black and white display and I wonder if it is capable of video presentation, probably not with only 2GB memory. Adrian and I began to wonder if it would be possible to create any documents of our own to present on it. http://supergeekery.com/index.php/geekblog/comments/making_your_own_kindle_book_files This site states that it is. Will have to investigate further.

Kindle in perspective

My husband and I are both on holidays at the moment, he has a fortnight to renovate the bathroom and construct an outside area, I have a week left to get myself prepared for the next school year and hopefully a final push to complete my studies for Master of Education Technology. He dragged me away from the computer for some "fresh air" at Mitre 10. I laughed - he puts his hand out to touch everything as he walks past, just like I do at Harvey Norman or a gadget shop.

Touching everything!

Aaaaah

The rest of the afternoon I spent tinkering with my Eeepc loading Ubuntu, an open source OS with a wealth of resources available as freeware. This is the cute screen saver. I am curious about the quality of cloud computing possible using this freely available system. It was a simple process and the change of environment is appealing - a lovely chocolate colour, clean desktop, new language to grasp. Enjoying this holiday!

Ubuntu ant screensaver

No comments:

Post a Comment